About Our Chapter
The Bluegrass Chapter of CFMA is a Board run organization founded in 2000. Our chapter is based out of Lexington, KY and offers a network and resources for financial professionals in the construction industry.
The Bluegrass Chapter of Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is a broad-based organization focused on providing quality educational services, the exchange of ideas, and networking opportunities for our members. We strive to invest in our community through involvement in industry related issues.
We provide exceptional education and networking opportunities that allow members to grow as employees and individuals within our industry.
Our Chapter offers the following types of activities:
- Lunch and dinner membership meetings
- Social functions and networking opportunities
- Job Site Tours, such as the UK Student Center and the Historical Fayette County Courthouse
- Educational seminars throughout the year including the Annual Legislative update meeting every January or February
Our chapter also offers volunteer opportunities. We always welcome participants to get involved as officers or board members. We also encourage every member to choose to get involved in the below areas:
- Education – Plans Educational Events
- Membership – Recruits and Retains Members
- Program – Plans Meetings, Topics and Speakers
- Awards – Recognition for outstanding achievement
- Communications – Monitors and updates social media websites as well as updates the new chapter site.
- Scholarship – Administers and Awards Scholarships
- Sponsorship –Seeks Sponsors for Chapter Events
- Community Service – Administers Community Related Events
Whether you are new to the industry or a lifelong member, CFMA offers the benefit of personal and professional growth and a diverse peer network found in no other association.